US air carrier in the Gulf a target not a threat: Iran commander










The US unilaterally backed out of a 2015 nuclear pact in May 2018, effectively giving countries worldwide a year to stop buying Iranian oil or face US sanctions, which Washington says are aimed at completely choking off Iranian crude exports.
Washington last month blacklisted Iran’s Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist group. US officials say they have detected indications that Iran could be preparing a military response.
Speaking on condition of anonymity to Reuters news agency, officials say one of the pieces of intelligence indicated Iran had moved missiles on boats, with giving details of the claim.
1 of the officials said the particular missile observed was perhaps capable of launching from a small ship. The officials also noted growing concerns about the threat from Iran-backed militia in Iraq, which have long avoided any confrontation with US troops under the shared goal of defeating the Islamic State of Iraq & the Levant (ISIL, or ISIS).
Iranian news agency ISNA quoted Ayatollah Tabatabai-Nejad in the city of Isfahan as saying: “Their billion dollar fleet can be destroyed with one missile.
“If they attempt any move, they will … (face) dozens of missiles because at that time (government) officials won’t be in charge to act cautiously, but instead things will be in the hands of our beloved leader (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei),” he said on Friday.
Thousands of Iranians took part in marches on Friday to support the government’s decision to reduce limits on its nuclear programme.
Iran has threatened to go further if other parties to the 2015 deal – Britain, China, France, Germany & Russia – fail to shield it from US sanctions.
Iranian TV channels showed protesters marching after Friday prayers in Tehran & said similar marches had been held across Iran.

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA and Other NEWS agencies